Best Vinyl Shower Curtain – WATE 6 On Your Side
Which vinyl shower curtain is the best?
Heavy-duty, waterproof vinyl shower curtains are the preferred economical solution for bathrooms. But that doesn’t mean you can’t have a little fun with them. Available in a wide variety of colors and patterns, even a vinyl curtain can transform your bathroom from a sterile functional space into a warm and inviting sanctuary.
The type of curtain you choose will depend on the size of your shower or tub, as well as your aesthetic. But no matter your decor, you can’t go wrong with a beautiful solid color vinyl shower curtain like the Sturdy and elegant vinyl shower curtain from the Venice collection.
What to know before buying a vinyl shower curtain
Benefits of a Vinyl Shower Curtain
Made from PVC, vinyl shower curtains are popular for their durability and affordability. They are totally waterproof which means you don’t need to use another lining to protect your floors. Due to the chemical production techniques used to make them, vinyl shower curtains off-gas at first, so it’s best to ventilate your bathroom for a day or two after installation.
Styling a Vinyl Shower Curtain
Vinyl alone can feel a little too utilitarian. Luckily, this material is a great printing surface for a variety of fun patterns and vibrant colors. Whether you opt for a plain pattern, graphic or print will depend on your bathroom decor. A great way to tie it all together is to run your bath towels, bath mat, and shower curtain in the same palette. Another way to elevate your vinyl shower curtain is to pair it with a decor set. hooks.
Plain or graphic shower curtain
If you’re looking to add visual flair to your bathroom decor, a solid or patterned shower curtain is a great way to turn that unsuspecting canvas into a work of art.
- Solid: A monochrome shower curtain is a perfect solution for any interior design project. Going this route allows you to color your bathroom. Warm tones help draw more light into the space, while deep pools of rich, saturated colors create lavish backdrops for your metallic surfaces and details.
- Patterned: A geometric pattern or an intricate pattern is a great addition to minimalist and bohemian decors. Both give your eyes something to ponder without getting too garish or loud. With a simple palette and repetitive design, a patterned vinyl shower curtain brings a bit of texture and structure to rooms decorated with natural materials and organic shapes.
- Graphic: Graphic shower curtains are the perfect whimsical or stately design solution for the rustic, urban or country home. From scenic landscapes to black and white architectural images, these shower curtains are as much a chance to hang stunning artwork as they are a functional tool.
What to Look for in a Quality Vinyl Shower Curtain
The standard shower curtain is a 72 by 72 inch square. This is sized for a long edge of your typical tub. But if you have an unconventional bathroom, you might need something a little longer, narrower, or wider.
- Extra large: For freestanding tubs such as a clawfoot or sink, you will need an extra wide shower curtain. These extend to 108-180 inches so you can cover half the full circumference of your tub.
- Narrow: If you have a walk-in shower, on the other hand, you might find that 72 inches is just too wide. In that case, look for a narrow shower curtain that is 36 inches wide. These will fit snugly without bunching at the edges.
- Extra long: For those with high ceilings or tall curtain rods, an extra-long shower curtain adds 12 to 24 inches in length so you don’t have to worry about splashes all over your floors.
Shower curtains are hung by a set of grommets sewn to the very top of their hem. If large enough, these reinforced plastic or metal holes can snap or slide right over your curtain rod. This makes the installation process easier, but you’ll have a harder time moving the curtain back and forth.
If your grommets are small or you want your curtain to hang completely flat, you will need hooks. These have hoops that slide over the curtain rod. You then attach the eyelets to the hanging hooks. Although a little more difficult to install, hooks are best if you want another decorative element that also keeps your curtain from rolling up.
The bathroom is a humid and humid place that requires adequate ventilation to prevent mold. Just because a vinyl shower curtain is completely waterproof doesn’t mean it’s not susceptible to dirt. Be sure to clean your vinyl shower curtain once a month. Household cleaners such as bleach or vinegar and baking soda are excellent solutions. You can also machine wash the material. Do not set the water temperature too hot.
How much you can expect to spend on a vinyl shower curtain
A vinyl shower curtain costs between $5 and $25.
Vinyl Shower Curtain FAQ
Are there any chemical free vinyl shower curtains
A. PEVA and EVA shower curtains are an eco-friendly alternative to vinyl. Polyethylene vinyl acetate and ethylene vinyl acetate do not contain chlorine, which gives off a vinyl smell. They cost a little more but are just as durable.
Do I need a liner for my vinyl shower curtain?
A. Without a liner, you should be prepared to replace your vinyl shower curtain every 6-12 months. They aren’t strictly necessary, but add another layer of protection against mold, mildew, and soap scum. A liner also places another barrier between running water and your floors.
What is the best vinyl shower curtain to buy?
Vinyl Shower Curtain Top
What do you want to know: Venice Collections offers a range of beautiful solid color vinyl liners that are durable enough to be used as the main shower curtain.
What you will love: Available in various colors such as rust, navy blue and willow green, this shower curtain is a versatile option for any home decor. The bottom hem has magnets sewn in, so the curtain won’t move. The curtain is roughly standard size at 72 by 70 inches.
What you should consider: This curtain does not come with hooks.
Or buy: Sold by Amazon
The best vinyl shower curtain for the money
What do you want to know: Brighten up your bathroom with this pretty vinyl shower curtain featuring multicolored birds.
What you will love: A pretty picture for the rustic or country home, the Beautysaid Shower Curtain has a simple repeating design of birds sitting on flowering spring branches. The curtain measures 72 x 72 inches and is made from PEVA, so you don’t have to worry about smelly chemicals.
What you should consider: You cannot get this curtain in extra wide or long sizes.
Or buy: Sold by Amazon
Worth checking out
What do you want to know: Stimulate your child’s curiosity and imagination with this fun world map shower curtain.
What you will love: Made from PEVA, you can be sure this curtain won’t harm your little ones with toxic chemicals. The fun, multi-colored map will make shower and bath time a fun and exploratory experience. This shower curtain comes in a pretty standard size of 72 by 70 inches.
What you should consider: The world map is printed on a sheer curtain, so if you’re looking for privacy, you’ll need an opaque liner behind.
Or buy: Sold by Amazon
Register here to receive the weekly BestReviews newsletter for helpful tips on new products and great deals.
Copyright 2022 BestReviews, a Nexstar company. All rights reserved.
Suggest a fix